Thursday, December 29, 2011

Carnegie Brachiosaurus

My personal favorite dinosaur toy is this Brachiosaurus.  I got my version of this toy at the Museum of Natural History, New York, New York, USA, near where I live. I know there has been a repaint so the toy is green, but I have the original painted copy, which has a light gray-blue skin color with dark blue stripes. It has no moving parts, but I don't care, this is still my favorite dinosaur toy. On a scale from 1 to 10, I give this toy a 10.

 Brachiosaurus was a huge Jurassic Sauropod that was 70 to 90 feet long, 30 to 52 feet tall, and weighed 50 to 80 tons, making it the largest Dinosaur found on North America during the Jurassic Period. There were bigger Sauropods on North America, but not until the Early Cretaceous. It has been found in Colorado. Brachiosaurus is my personal favorite dinosaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment